Indoor air quality needs all the help it can muster, particularly during the winter months when we spend the majority of our time inside. There are a number of ways you can insure that your family is staying as healthy as possible during these peak indoor and amplified heating months.
Air filtration systems are a great route! A variety of filtration systems you may wish to consider include:
- An Ultra-Violet Air Disinfection System, which is used along with a high quality filter. These can eliminate harmful living microorganisms such as bacteria, mold, dust mites, fungi, viruses and more.
- An Electronic Air Cleaner/Purifier which emits ozone and cleans small breathable particles, improving your indoor air quality.
- HEPA Air Filtration – This is a high efficiency hospital grade air cleaner, providing the highest possible concentration of air filtration.
- An Electrostatic Air Cleaner – this removes up to 70 percent of harmful air particulates.
- A High Efficiency Media Air Cleaner – Removes small breathable particles without using ozone emission.
- A simple dehumidifier – This helps maintain proper humidity levels in the home and controls the humidity in select locations, such as your basement.
- A Humidifier, or Humidification System – Due to all the dry air in the winter, especially, adding moisture to your indoor air by using a humidifier can help alleviate upper respiratory problems. You’ll also feel warmer and keep temperature levels lower (energy bills, too!) by using a humidification system.
There are several other choices you can make to improve your indoor air quality, such as duct sealing and duct cleaning; zoning systems; energy saving thermostats; a heat pump, or a power generator.
Home Comfort Experts Inc. sells and services all of these products. We cover your needs in the Mishawaka and South Bend areas of Indiana. We specialize in high quality heating, indoor air quality, service maintenance, air conditioning and equipment replacement. Call us if we can help.