Indiana winters can get pretty rough. Have you ever looked outside and said, “Whew, I’m glad I’m not out in that weather.”? You were snug in your little home with your trusty furnace pumping out the heat. But do you know who was out in that nastiness? Your air conditioner. That’s right, month after brutal month your air conditioner endured bitter cold, harsh winds, freezing rain, sleet, snow and ice. That’s why it’s a good idea to schedule an air conditioner tune-up every spring.
Outdoor Air Conditioning Units Face Many Challenges
Granted, your AC unit is designed to withstand the elements. If it weren’t, every air conditioner on the block would need to be replaced after just a few years. But besides the temperatures, there are other outdoor dangers. We’ve seen a lot of wear and tear on outdoor units over the years including dirt, rust, leaves, and even rodents who chew on wires and build nests inside. That’s why we recommend having your AC unit checked every season.
A Home Comfort AC Tune-Up Is Thorough
When you call Home Comfort Experts for an AC tune-up, we’ll check both the indoor and outdoor units to make sure everything is running smoothly and at peak efficiency. We lubricate parts that need to move, fix parts that are moving and shouldn’t, replace broken or worn parts, check all the electrical connections and more. In fact, we perform a 20-point AC Maintenance that includes:
- Calibrate & level thermostat
- Clean filters
- Monitor volts/amps on fan motor
- Lubricate & inspect bearing for wear
- Clean indoor coil if accessible
- Flush condensate drain
- Inspect condenser coil
- Monitor operating pressures of refrigerant
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect disconnect box for proper rating and installation
- Tighten electrical connections
- Test/inspect contactors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical for exposed wiring
- Test and inspect capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil/remove debris
- Check in service valves for proper operation
- Measure temperature difference – supply/return
- Inspect duct work for energy loss
- Monitor compressor for proper amperage, volt draw and wiring connections
Avoid Breakdowns and Save on Energy Bills with Annual AC Tune-Ups
Don’t just assume everything is fine with your AC unit. Your outdoor unit has spent months in the elements and your indoor unit as sat unused for months. It’s always a good idea to call Home Comfort Experts for an AC tune-up so your system can be operating at peak efficiency. A system that is running at peak efficiency will save you money on energy bills as well.
Contact Home Comfort Experts for an AC tune-up today.