If you live in an area with frequent and prolonged power outages, home standby generators are a long-term, permanent solution for powering a home. Here are 10 important reasons and advantages why you should own a standby generator.
- 1. You can power all or a portion of your home during an outage- a home backup generator delivers power directly to your home’s electrical system, backing up your entire home or just the most essential items
- 2. If you work from home and need to stay connected, a standby generator will protect you from a disruption you cannot afford
- 3. Today’s smart generators sense when the power goes off and will start up and shut off automatically
- 4. If you own a second home, it can protect your property when you’re away. In a winter power outage, pipes can freeze and burst, causing expensive repair work; it will also help you avoid costly food spoilage and prevent your home from being targeted by looters and thieves
- 5. Eliminate sump pump worries and prevent a flooded basement
- 6. Fail-safe assurance for family members that rely on electrically powered medical equipment such as ventilators or oxygen tanks
- 7. Generators are available that are powered by natural gas or propane
- 8. A standby generator will increase the resale value of your home. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, the current electricity infrastructure will be unable to meet consumer demands over the next 20 years. Home buyers will be looking for houses that have built-in fail-safes against power outages
- 9. Guard against dangerous power surges when electricity goes off and on
- 10. Eliminates the headache of finding a temporary solution during an outage while providing your home with a seamless supply of power
Don’t worry about being stuck in the dark or freezing cold again. At Home Comfort Experts, we will help you choose a generator that is right for your needs. Simply contact us for an expert consultation.