Air Conditioning Maintenance and Furnace Maintenance for Mishawaka, South Bend, Elkhart, Plymouth, Columbia City, Warsaw, Ft. Wayne, LaPorte, Indiana and Niles, Michigan
Have you seen Home Comfort Experts’ yellow service van in your neighborhood? Every day, we’re performing furnace and AC maintenance on heating and air conditioning systems from LaPorte to Plymouth, Fort Wayne to Warsaw and all points in between!
For information regarding our maintenance program – the Comfort Club, click here.
Why Is Maintenance of Your Home’s Heating and Air Conditioning Systems So Important?
- Safety – detect deadly carbon monoxide in gas furnaces
- Prevent costly and inconvenient breakdowns before they occur
- Routine maintenance on your air conditioner and furnace systems keeps them operating at the highest possible efficiency ratings
- Maintains valuable warranties and guarantees on your heating and air conditioning systems
- In the Indiana and Michigan area, we have seven months in the heating season: October through April. That works out to 210 heating days and 5040 heating hours. Each hour your furnace runs, it turns on and off an average of four times, so over the heating season, your furnace cycles on and off 20,160 times. If your furnace is 10 years old, it has cycled on an off 201,600 times. Just like mileage on your car, you need regular maintenance to keep it running smoothly.
20-Point Air Conditioning Maintenance & Safety Inspection
- Calibrate & level thermostat.
- Clean filters.
- Monitor volts/amps on fan motor.
- Lubricate and inspect bearing for wear, if applicable.
- Sanitize indoor coil if accessible.
- Flush condensate drain.
- Inspect condenser coil.
- Monitor operating pressures of refrigerant.
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation.
- Inspect disconnect box for proper rating and installation.
- Tighten electrical connections.
- Test/inspect contactors for burned, pitted contacts.
- Inspect electrical for exposed wiring.
- Test and inspect capacitors.
- Inspect fan blade.
- Clean condenser coil/remove debris.
- Check in service valves for proper operation.
- Measure temperature difference – supply/return.
- Inspect duct work for energy loss.
- Monitor compressor for proper amperage, volt draw and wiring connections.
20-Point Furnace Maintenance & Safety Inspection
- Camera inspection of furnace heat exchanger.
- Measure and adjust gas pressure for peak efficiency.
- Vacuum blower compartment.
- Test ignition system for safe & proper operation.
- Test safety & control circuits for proper operation.
- Test exhaust system for proper venting.
- Measure temperature differences – supply/return.
- Inspect and adjust fan belt tension.
- Calibrate & level thermostat.
- Brush, clean or vacuum heat exchangers.
- Brush, clean or vacuum burners.
- Test furnace flame for safe burn operation.
- Inspect standard throwaway filter.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Measure amperage and voltage of blower motor.
- Tighten and inspect electrical wiring.
- Clean upper and lower combustion vents.
- Test for natural gas leaks.
- Clean exterior.
- Inspect for combustibles around furnace.
To schedule your heating or AC maintenance today, please follow this link or fill out the form below.