Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan are known for brutally cold winters. It’s common for the season to bring freezing temperatures, snow, and ice. More than ever, you need to be able to rely on your heating system to keep your home or business warm.
If your system goes out or starts to malfunction, help is only a phone call away at Home Comfort Experts. We provide emergency heating repair services to Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan residents. Day or night, our team is ready.
With decades of commercial and residential HVAC experience, the team at Home Comfort Experts is ready to solve your heating problems with fast and friendly service. Give us a call today!
If your home needs a furnace repair or replacement, it’s never convenient. Call Home Comfort Experts, and let us help make the best out of a frustrating situation.
House having trouble staying warm or cool?
Not Sure if You Should Repair or Replace Your Air Conditioner or Furnace?
Should you repair or replace your air conditioner or furnace? Take this short quiz, and get answers from the experts at Home Comfort Experts! We’ll also offer some tips and advice on what you can do to keep your furnace and air conditioning systems operating at peak efficiency.
Why is Furnace Maintenance for Indiana and Michigan Residents Important?
By cleaning and performing necessary repairs to your furnace on an annual basis, you can prevent dangerous situations from arising, as well as create a more comfortable and reliable place to live. While there are numerous reasons furnace maintenance is crucial, having your furnace serviced on a regular basis will promote:
- Safety: We test your furnace to make sure it is operating properly. Our service includes testing for deadly carbon monoxide leaks, a colorless and odorless gas that can cause serious health problems or even death.
- Savings: Investing in regular furnace maintenance can save you money in the long run. We identify any issues that may arise and address them before they turn into costly repairs down the road.
- Performance: Routine maintenance of your furnace will guarantee that your systems are running correctly, reduce your energy bills, and extend the lifespan of your equipment.
Trusted Emergency Heating Repair
Winter weather can already be stressful. It impacts commute times, limits your ability to be outside, and can decrease foot traffic to your business. If your heating system fails during winter, it just adds even more stress to your plate. Nothing is more inconvenient than dealing with a faulty furnace in the middle of a cold winter night.
When the temperature is dropping and your home or business is without a properly working heater, you are putting people at risk.
At the end of the day, our goal at Home Comfort Experts is to make sure you and your loved ones are safe. That is why our Northern Indiana and Southerwestern Michigan emergency heating repair team is committed to providing you top quality, reliable service when you need it the most.
Telltale Signs Your Heater Needs Repaired
Our team of highly skilled technicians have seen it all. Most often, they find that heating emergencies could have been avoided if issues had been properly addressed sooner. When you continue to run a system that isn’t functioning properly, you run the risk of making minor problems into bigger, more expensive ones.
Here are the warning signs that your unit might require repair:
Increased Energy Bill: An ineffective furnace has to work twice as hard to heat your home or business. As a result, you’ll notice an unexplained increase in your energy bill. It is a common sign of an overworking system that needs to be repaired right away.
- Excess Dust Near Vents: If you notice dust buildup around your vents, that means some part of your system is malfunctioning and your filters are not catching dust. This can decrease the overall indoor air quality of your home, so you will want to look into it sooner rather than later.
- Unusual Noises: Too many people ignore this common sign of a potential problem. While furnaces should make minimal noise during operation, you will want to pay attention to any strange sounds such as pops, squeaks, or creaks. If you notice this, do not hesitate to call the most reliable heating repair team in Northern Indiana.
- Short Cycling: If your furnace is working as it should, it will regulate the temperature in your home or business by turning on when it senses the air is too cold. If it starts kicking on and off without running a full cycle, it is short cycling, which is a common sign of a malfunctioning furnace.
- Maintenance Lag: As one of the most important and complex systems in your home, routine furnace maintenance is necessary to make sure everything is running smoothly. Not only does investing in maintenance improve the longevity of your HVAC system, but it also helps to catch small problems before they become emergency situations.
At Home Comfort Experts, we help you to stay warm all winter long with the most reliable emergency furnace repair services in Northern Indiana and Southwestern Michigan. We’re here to answer your call!
What Does a Furnace Tuneup Look Like?
Our 20-Point Furnace Maintenance System
- Conduct a camera inspection of the furnace heat exchanger.
- Measure and adjust the gas pressure for optimal efficiency.
- Vacuum the blower compartment.
- Test the ignition system for safe and proper operation.
- Test the safety and control circuits for proper operation.
- Test the exhaust system for proper venting.
- Measure the temperature differences between supply and return.
- Inspect and adjust the fan belt tension.
- Calibrate and level the thermostat.
- Brush, clean, or vacuum the heat exchangers.
- Brush, clean, or vacuum the burners.
- Test the furnace flame for a safe burn operation.
- Inspect the standard throwaway filter.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Measure the amperage and voltage of the blower motor.
- Tighten and inspect the electrical wiring.
- Clean the upper and lower combustion vents.
- Test for natural gas leaks.
- Clean the exterior of the furnace.
- Inspect for combustibles around the furnace.
Call Our Furnace Technicians Today
Before making impulsive decisions and purchasing a new furnace, allow our team to assess whether you need to repair or replace your unit. Simple repairs can ensure the longevity of your furnace and save you money in the long run.
Don’t wait to schedule your annual furnace maintenance appointment. At Home Comfort Experts, we provide your Indiana or Michigan house with reliable service any time of day. Contact us by calling our main office at (574) 475-3237 or schedule an appointment online.