5 Things to Ready the AC for Warmer Weather
MISHAWAKA/FORT WAYNE/PLYMOUTH, IN; ST. JOSEPH/NILES, MI — Like most people after a long Midwestern winter, you may find yourself daydreaming about sunny summer days. Keeping your home comfortably cool can be a crucial factor for summertime enjoyment. Ensure the home you return to at the end of a long hot day has a cool indoor temperature. So, before you switch your HVAC system on for the summer, have it serviced this spring.
Regular equipment service can save you thousands of dollars over the long haul in repairs and energy costs — as much as 30 percent a year.
5 Reasons Why an AC Tuneup is Important
Protecting your home’s infrastructure is an investment in your biggest material asset and can lengthen the lifespan of major systems and save money on your utility bills. Spring service to your HVAC system should be a priority to:
- Prevent inconvenient and costly breakdowns from happening.
- Get back to factory condition before HVAC companies are slammed with service and repairs during the first very hot weeks of summer.
- Keep your cooling system running at peak capacity and efficiency to save money and materials’ wear and tear.
- Keep the integrity of product warranties active.
- Routine maintenance on your air conditioner and furnace systems keeps them operating at the highest possible efficiency ratings.
5 Nuts and Bolts of HVAC Service
The main features of a spring maintenance focus on 5 primary areas:
- Inspection and cleaning of indoor coil.
- Checking all electrical connections.
- Monitoring operation of the compressor and outdoor fan motor.
- Checking the system’s refrigerant level and, if low, inspect for possible leaks.
- Replacing the filter.
RELATED READ: AC MAINTENANCE TO PREPARE FOR WARM WEATHER
Homeowners should continue to monitor filters throughout the season and change when needed. A dusty home is often an indication that the filters need to be changed. Also, checking for any leaks around the unit and being aware of any unusual noises will help trouble shoot potential problems before they become expensive.
Your home’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system (HVAC) is a complicated mass of machinery that is constantly working, keeping your home safe and comfortable for your family.
Most of the time, the heart of your house does its job invisibly. But this requires proper installation, attention and yes, regular maintenance.
Contact Home Comfort Experts today. We work to ensure your home is comfortable at all times. Tell us the challenges you are facing and we will design a solution that resolves your issues while fitting into your budget. Be sure to ask about our other specials and learn more about our financing options.