A home remodel is an exciting prospect, but also a big investment. To be certain you get the right kitchen or bathroom plumbing system installed correctly, within budget and on time, consider consulting a plumbing contractor early in the planning stage. Professional guidance can be invaluable as part of such a complex undertaking, warding off money- and time-wasting errors down the road.
Some tips for choosing a plumbing contractor you can trust:
- Ask co-workers, friends or neighbors for referrals.
- Choose a properly licensed and insured contractor. To find out whether a Michigan contractor is licensed, check with the state. In Indiana, start here.
- Check the contractor’s rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Request references from the plumbing company. Call the references. Ask them about the quality of the job done as well as whether the contractor stuck to the agreed-upon schedule and budget.
- Select a contractor with years of experience in the field who also knows the latest techniques and technology. Check their websites to get a sense of this.
- Choose a plumbing contractor with good communication skills. He or she should be able to clearly explain the costs, design and product options and trade-offs for each phase of your plumbing remodel.
- Be sure your contractor is established in the community and familiar with local permit processes and building codes in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan.
- Get a written proposal signed before work begins. It should contain costs, product model numbers, a project schedule and warranty details.
- Choose a contractor who stands behind his or her company’s work with an excellent warranty.
Home Comfort Experts technicians are experienced, highly trained and licensed. We’re happy to help you at every stage of your project, from advance planning and professional advice to new plumbing-line installation and the finishing touches. As always, please feel free to contact us with questions.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about choosing a plumbing contractor and other HVAC topics, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Home Comfort services the Mishawaka/South Bend areas of Indiana. To get started, check out our website or see our special offers.