No matter which brand of furnace or air conditioner you have in your home, finding a qualified local contractor is key. Furnaces and air conditioners are manufactured in facilities with tight standards. However, in order to achieve the efficiency ratings advertised, you need to find a qualified local professional to maintain them and install new systems. Most HVAC professionals will tell you that the brand of equipment is important, but is only half of the equation. The other half is the quality of the installation workmanship.
When choosing a heating and air conditioning contractor, use the following list of questions to help you determine the best company for the job.
- Is the company licensed, bonded and insured?
- Are the installers NATE certified?
- How will the furnace size be calculated? (Be wary of any company who will only use the square footage of your home to do load calculations. Instead, look for a company who will provide Manual J calculations to justify the furnace they’re recommending.)
- Which brand of equipment is being recommended and why?
- What kind of warranty is included with the equipment and what kind of additional warranties can be purchased?
- Who will be installing the equipment and how much experience do they have?
- Will the company provide references?
- What is the company’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Choosing a heating and air conditioning contractor does not have to be a difficult process. By using the same set of questions and interviewing at least three companies, you’ll quickly get an idea of which contractor can provide you the best service. Be sure to get bids in writing and don’t hesitate to ask more questions than we’ve suggested.
The professionals at Home Comfort Experts Inc. have the right qualifications and we want to be your partners in home comfort. Call us if we can help, or for more tips on getting the most out of your heating and cooling systems, download the Home Comfort Solutions Guide.